It's now less than two weeks until PCI, and with all the little things happening to finish the house off it would almost be easier to list what is yet to be done! The outside is looking great, with the temporary fencing and port-a-loo gone we are just waiting on the external painting.
The taps have been moved to the front of the house as per the estate covenants, and the WIR window has been changed to obscured glass. This window was an oversight on our part, thinking that we would just manage privacy with blinds, but once construction was underway we realised that without a door between the WIR and the ensuite this window was effectively a window from the street into the ensuite, and privacy became a whole lot more important! Fortunately our site supervisor was very accommodating and arranged the change for us.
|WIR window and taps|
The big change this week is that we have carpet!
In some ways I'm not thrilled with the carpet. It matches the tiles quite well where they meet, but the carpet doesn't have the same depth as the tiles, which makes it look quite brown. However, I'm not unhappy with it. It works with our colour scheme, and although I would probably prefer something lighter, we specifically chose something darker on account of the little guy.
The fibre hub has been installed, and the data points are in. The pre-wiring for the TV wall mounts has also been started.
|Data point and TV wall mount|
The bathrooms are close to complete. Both toilets are now installed (the one in the ensuite having been delayed due to a crack in the first one delivered. Both shower screens are installed, and the plumbing appears to be complete. There is a tile missing in the bathroom, which appears to be intentional to allow access to the bath pipes. The bath itself is in but is not fixed.
There hasn't been much action in the kitchen for a little while now. This week some preparation is underway for the glass splashback, which has been delivered.
Windows and Doors
Most of the door handles have been fitted (I think it is the doors with privacy sets that are yet to be done. Door stops have also been fitted throughout. In the wet areas with tiled skirting the doorstops are attached to the door which makes perfect sense but was interesting as I had never seen that before!
|Internal door handles|
As mentioned above, the window in the WIR has been changed to obscure glass.
The windows have all been cleaned, and it appears that the broken window we identified early on has been fixed. The gap above the sliding door in the alfresco has been covered, but the bifolds, bathroom and ensuite window are yet to be done.